Final lockdown Thursday 2nd

Hello there,

    We are in our final week before the first RC. On the upside, we're
actually looking in good shape, with the new event log and image
importing work actually making a HUGE difference in the out of box
experience [*]. However, this week has still seen some significant
landings and it needs to be reinforced that no changes will be merged
without sherriff approval after this Thursday.

For this release cycle I'll act as sherriff, with Raphael as my backup.
All landings need explicit signoff from us in the form of an "a=kiko"
style tag.

[*] I had two people independently try 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 in a small
cluster of x86 nodes -- there was one NUC, one gigabyte and one asrock
board. They failed completely with 1.5 and 1.6 -- they never got the
images to work, then they never got the DHCP server to work, and then
finally TFTP failed. With 1.7, the first time, it worked! They did run
into a rough edge or two (I will report bugs if they are not yet) but
they hit no snags and noted how much better it was. So fantastic work
and let's look forward to polishing a final 1.7 release.
--
Christian Robottom Reis   | [+1] 612 888 4935    | http://launchpad.net/~kiko
Canonical VP Hyperscale   | [+55 16] 9 9112 6430 | http://async.com.br/~kiko