State of 1.7 trunk

Hello there,

    I tested today a trunk-based package (pulling in all the features in
the queue currently proposed) and ran into the same problem Jeff
reported in:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/maas/+bug/1379924

To be clear, in my case the cluster isn't able to connect to the region
at all. This error blocks me from any further testing as I haven't yet
been able to get the cluster to connect. If anyone can look into this
then I'll be able to progress with further testing over the weekend.

Andres and I have agreed to hold 1.7.0 for

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/maas/+bug/1379924

and once that is merged the plan is to branch for the 1.7 release and
drop all remaining issues that are not strictly regressions in order to
converge for the final release.

Finally, there is an upgrade issue with bootresources that has shown up
in Jeff's testing:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/maas/+bug/1379890

That needs to be retested from a 1.5 straight to 1.7 upgrade to ensure
we didn't just run into mid-release breakage. If someone can work with
Jeff on that ASAP I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
--
Christian Robottom Reis   | [+1] 612 888 4935    | http://launchpad.net/~kiko