Re: Check Component Certification option

   I did a few quick greps through the code:

$ bzr grep -i "Check component compatibility and certification"
src/maasserver/forms_settings.py:            'label': "Check component
compatibility and certification"

In forms_settings.py:
"""
    'check_compatibility': {
        'default': False,
        'form': forms.BooleanField,
        'form_kwargs': {
            'required': False,
            'label': "Check component compatibility and certification"
        }
    },
"""

   Looking for the configuration key, it looks like it isn't used for
anything:

$ bzr grep check_compatibility
src/maasserver/forms.py:    check_compatibility =
get_config_field('check_compatibility')
src/maasserver/forms_settings.py:    'check_compatibility': {
src/maasserver/models/config.py:        'check_compatibility': False,
src/maasserver/views/tests/test_settings.py:        new_check_compatibility
= factory.pick_bool()
src/maasserver/views/tests/test_settings.py:
 'check_compatibility': new_check_compatibility,
src/maasserver/views/tests/test_settings.py:
 new_check_compatibility,
src/maasserver/views/tests/test_settings.py:
 Config.objects.get_config('check_compatibility'),

$ bzr log -r $(bzr blame src/maasserver/forms.py | grep check_compat | awk
'{ print $1 }') | grep timestamp
timestamp: Thu 2013-05-16 16:31:31 +0200

   Right now, all indications are that this functionality is a no-op, and
hasn't been touched since 2013. (way before my time)

   I'd vote +1 for removing this field.

Regards,
Mike