Re: MAAS node

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 06:33:49PM -0400, Stephen wrote:
> That helps, because did not know needed that package.
> Still no response.  Still getting the NODE EVENT WARNING:
> Failed to query nodes’s BMC return code 1

Is that the entire message, or is something missing? If it helps, you
can paste the raw output in a pastebin such as http://paste.ubuntu.com/.

> The Webgui picks up the IPADDR when I manually list the NODE.
> SO I can deduce that their is a connection and that the VMs can
> talk to one another.

Are you indicating that the node you added actually started up and got
an IP address? Or is the IP address you're indicating the address of the
host? A screenshot might help.

> Could my router DHCP get in the way of MAAS DHCP?

Not unless they are both answering on the same L2 segment. Are they?

> Could external DNS get in the way of internal MAAS DNS?

I don't think DNS is the issue here if you are using an IP address to
reach the control node.

> Will it matter the hostOS i’m running the VMs & Libvirt ?

Do you mean the OS you are running in the VMs? Or on the host which you
are launching the VMs from?
--
Christian Robottom Reis   | [+1] 612 888 4935    | http://launchpad.net/~kiko
Canonical VP Hyperscale   | [+55 16] 9 9112 6430