Re: Merging MACAddress and Interface

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 05:56:14PM +0100, Gavin Panella wrote:
> [Here's a summary of what we discussed on the team call just now. Please
> reply with corrections or new thoughts.]
>
> Regarding nodes, MAC addresses, and interfaces, the model we have at
> present is:
>
>   Node--<MACAddress--<Interface
>
> This doesn't make a great deal of sense, and is fairly awkward to reason
> about and especially to code for.
>
> The model:
>
>   Node--<Interface>--<MACAddress

Both models are a bit weird relative to this, but is there ever a case
where a single interface has multiple MAC addresses, or are we
effectively saying that by definition different interfaces have
different MAC Addresses?

Is there any uniqueness constraint we need to take into account?
--
Christian Robottom Reis   | [+1] 612 888 4935    | http://launchpad.net/~kiko
Canonical VP Hyperscale   | [+55 16] 9 9112 6430