The Clean Architecture in Python

Hi all,

   This morning, while reflecting on how the MAAS team could write
easier-to-maintain code (and thus increase our velocity), LaMont pointed me
to a great talk about writing clean code in Python. Especially since we
have some new MAAS hackers getting up to speed, I thought it would be
helpful for the entire team to have a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJtef410XaM

   Slides available here:

http://rhodesmill.org/brandon/slides/2014-07-pyohio/clean-architecture/

   For some good background information on the need for dependency
injection in object-oriented languages, I also like this post:

http://googletesting.blogspot.com/2008/08/by-miko-hevery-so-you-join-new-project.html

   Let's think about how we can apply these concepts as we iterate on MAAS.

Regards,
Mike

Follow ups