Testing your work with users

Hi everyone

Further to Carla and Luca's lightning talk on user research in Seattle, I
wanted to offer our help in running some practice testing sessions to get
you started.

If you weren't in Seattle, the idea is for individual developers to run
quick and simple user tests, as a feature evolves, in order to validate and
improve the work as we go.

If you're working on something the way to proceed is:

   - mockup your text CLI and metadata structures, the things people will
   see and use
   - do that in a single page of text
   - think of the main goal for your feature and use this to define the
   task you want to test (we can discuss all these things in a call with
   you)
   - we will run a practice session and provide you with tips and feedback
   for your other tests
   - try to speak to 5 people if possible (this number of people can
   uncover 80% of the issues)
   - analyse your results
   - iterate based on your findings

In terms of running quick tests, here are some tips to look over:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ko0h7Vdg2LaIGaeC2je20Waspgv1wbbThk_ZaAUDA-8/edit?ts=56153d18

If you'd like some help getting started, please get in touch and we can
arrange some trial sessions.

Thanks

Alejandra