Relax XXX bug-filing policy?

Should we relax or modify our policy around XXXs? Some observations:

* It's a hassle to file a bug every time we see a small issue in the
  code and want to flag it for the next person.

* Having a bug as well as an XXX in the code is a disproportionate
  overhead for many small issues.

* Fixing an unrelated bug can, as a side-effect, resolve an XXX or two.
  Remembering to resolve the XXX bugs when the branch eventually lands
  is overhead too.

* The paperwork is also "back end" overhead, when a developer has
  mentally moved onto the next task. Context switches are bad.

* We may be avoiding XXXs because of the bug-filing requirement, in
  effect reducing the communication between developers.

How about doing something like: keep XXX as it is (i.e. still require a
bug report) and use FIXME for small things that don't warrant the
overhead of a bug? We'd want an automated report on FIXMEs (and XXX and
TODO) but we ought to do that anyway.

Please vote with your +1s or make alternative suggestions!

Thanks, Gavin.

Follow ups