Kudos to the MAAS team

Hi all,
I recently filed bug report #1594207
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/maas/+bug/1594207> whereby IPv6 problems can
prevent DHCP for IPv4 from being deployed on a rack controller. What I
forgot to put in the report was how well everything worked after I fixed my
IPv6.

The underlying problem on my network that uncovered this bug was that I had
disabled IPv6 on the router for the VLAN I was trying to manage. Once I
enabled IPv6 I went to my Ubuntu terminal to see how long it would take
Xenial to get an IPv6 address. It already had an address by the time I
managed to type in "ifconfig". Well done Ubuntu.

I then looked over to my MAAS window in Chrome and the two DHCP services
had both gone green already. I couldn't believe how quickly MAAS had
noticed the IPv6 change and how fast that had been reflected in the
browser. That's just awesome.

To top it all off, as soon as I navigated to the subnet view, I could see
that the IPMI interfaces on my servers had all picked up IPv4 addresses
from MAAS' DHCP.

It's really nice to see everything just spring in to life like that. No
refreshing web pages, no redeploying services etc. Well done.

Cheers,
Lloyd

Follow ups