Re: [Private-canonical-maas] MAAS docs on GitHub, file bugs there

Peter Matulis <peter.matulis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi everyone. Please be aware that the MAAS user documentation (not the API
> or dev docs) has been moved to its own resting spot:
>
> https://github.com/CanonicalLtd/maas-docs
>
> Please file doc bugs and PRs there.
>
> Any doc bugs that do hit the MAAS project on Launchpad should have the tag
> 'maasgh' (maas github) assigned so they can be tracked and, eventually,
> migrated over.

So, err, what's the rationale for this?  It doesn't seem super healthy
to have the docs for a project tracking bugs in GitHub when MAAS
itself is using Launchpad?

(I'm also somewhat surprised that anyone would voluntarily choose to
 track bugs in GitHub over Launchpad.  I understand the OpenStack
 Charms need to be on GitHub so they're part of the Big Tent and I
 understand some projects chose to use GitHub either a) before
 Launchpad got git support or b) in an attempt to gain developer
 adoption/traction but certainly none of those reasons would seem to
 apply here.)

--
James