From: tjbarber09@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: 01/31/12 10:20 PM
To: mactel-support-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Mactel-support-community] MacBook Pro 5,5 and 11.10

 Hello everyone!

 First off, I want to thank you all for the hard work you all do in the Ubuntu community. The great thing about Ubuntu is that it's moved by the little things that each team and individual does, and I thank you for giving your time and energy to create an awesome Linux OS and to help change the world of computing. =)

 So I have a MacBook Pro 5,5 currently running (K)Ubuntu 11.10. I've run them both on this machine. It works for the most part, but I'm having issues with a jumping cursor while typing (I'm having a heck of a time typing this email out), I can't adjust the brightness on my display, and I can't drag-and-drop easily. The display kind of burns your eyes out when you're typing at 6 in the morning. ;P

 I would be happy to test packages out if there are any in production. I have tried nvidia-bl-dkms for natty and it didn't help. Hope to hear if there's any fixs!

God bless!

T.J. Barber

T.J. Barber is Torpedo Skyline. Psalm 108!

http://www.twitter.com/tjbarber09