mactel-support team mailing list archive

Re: PPA linux-mactel uninstallable

That thread refers to the MacBook Air not the Macbook Pro, not that it doesn't apply necessarily...

The kernel in the PPA is old, older than the MBA, so I am pretty sure the changes mentioned are not in there. It was created because there were so many issues with the kernel after the last Macbook version came out. That has all been fixed in Linux now so there is no need for the ~mactel variant anymore. It is left in the PPA because it will be much easier for someone to figure out how to link the normal Ubuntu packages to it later if it is needed again.