mactel-support team mailing list archive

Re: About bug 356317

Yep, the 5,1 support was added not long ago and after all the fixes for Intrepid, so they are not in the kernel yet. I don't think the 5,1 patches have even been submitted yet. I am CCing the mactel-support list and Henrik might be able to better help you since I have not done kernel patches either, but if the 5,1 patches have not been submitted yet, then yes those should be included as well as your mods.

You should be able to get the source for the driver directly at http://bitmath.org/code/bcm5974-dkms/
From the revisions there, it might be easier to get the patch to include 5,1 support.