mactel-support team mailing list archive

Question: Pommed dies after 1 min.

Hi there.

I'm not entirely sure that it is appropriate for me to write to you. However, I got a funny little thing happening to my karmic-macbook5.1, which might be of interest to your further developments on Mactel PPA packages. I upgraded from Jaunty to Karmic. As I install the pommed package, the keyboard backlight lights up and stays like that for about 1 minute, before it goes dark again. During that 1 minute I can use the F5/F6 to make it brighter or darker, but, after the backlight dies, those keys don't seem to be of any use.

Now, here's the interesting part: When I run the command "SUDO POMMED START" in the shell, the keyboard lights up again for another 1 minute, after which it once again dies out. Every time I run the command I get another minute of backlight.

This is the last remaining issue I got with my karmic, so am trying to avoid a new fresh installation in attempting to fix it. Do you guys have any idea what could be causing this? Or how could I attempt to fix it? Should I add, I've been using Linux for the past couple of years, but as a Social Sciences guy, I guess I'll be an eternal newbie. Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks for your attention.

Regards,

Gui Fernandes