mactel-support team mailing list archive

Re: pommed questions

Hey Mario,

> 1. Who is currently maintaining the pommed package? I noticed there's currently
>    no maverick package. I know the lucid one still works fine.

I uploaded the same version to maverick as well.

> 2. What are the differences compared to the maverick/universe version.

Three patches compared to Julien's tree for 1.33:
   + make-timer-tick-rate-a-parameter (rydberg@xxxxxxxxxxx)
   + Inhibit-keyboard-on-LID-close-if-auto_on-only (rydberg@xxxxxxxxxxx)
   + Add-support-for-MacBookPro6-2-15-Core-i7 (froemel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

> 3. Can we provide a pommed default install, that completely disables features

>    not necessary anymore (everything except for keyboard backlight) unless they are
>    really wanted (aka configured). This is basically the opposite of how it works currently.
>    In its current state, pommed even tries to adjust backlight if the relevant sections
>    are commented out, which is quite confusing for users as gnome-power-manager responds
>    to backlight keys as well. And sometimes seems to break backlight adjustment.

Be my guest. :-) I can dig up the three patches for you if you plan to do some
additional work on it. I did try to upstream the patches to Julien, but he
clearly had a different opinion and is not running ubuntu.

Cheers,
Henrik