mactel-support team mailing list archive

Re: hfs-bless and macfanctld - new packages if you're interested

Okay, I somehow hit GMail's combination for sending that before I had
finished it. That bodes well. Here's the rest of it...

1. The macfanctld utility had a couple of useful pull requests on Github,
and the packaging needed a bit of updating. My efforts are here:

https://github.com/detly/macfanctld

I've taken advantage of Debian's git-buildpackage workflow, and it's pretty
trivial to update and upload new PPA packages for any Ubuntu distro.

2. The hfs-bless utility was essential for getting the Mac Mini's boot
firmware to boot Ubuntu after removing Mac OSX. I packaged that up too:

https://github.com/detly/mactel-boot

If you're interested, I'll happily take responsibility for maintaining the
packaging and PPA uploads; although I'd rather not take *sole*
responsibility for the actual software itself, since I can't test it too
thoroughly.

Let me know.

Cheers,
Jason Heeris