magentoerpconnect-community team mailing list archive

downloadable product, howto?

Hello guys,

For a new project in Sao Paulo, we are selling lots of downloadable products
over Magento, then sending the orders in OpenERP 6 via Magentoerpconnect.

At the moment I set the downloadable products as 'consumable' in OpenERP
instead of 'stockable'.
I wonder what do you think about that?

pros:

   - I can always invoice on picking as I do for the other products, so I
   have all my order life cycle clean + invoices clean
   - I have no procurement since those products are consumable

cons:

   - well it's strange to have to make a picking for products a guy just
   downloaded...
   - in the product list, downloadable products appear as red as their stock
   go below 0 (may be we can set a stock level for them?)

What are the alternative?

   - still use consumable but invoice on order? Well, the issue is that
   orders can have both downloadable and non downloadable products...
   - define products as a service? Well again not possible because if by
   badluck, I sale only downloadable products and invoice on picking, then I
   have no picking generated and no way to complete my order workfow or
   generate any invoice...

All right, so what do you think? Did you found a better solution?

--
Raphaël Valyi
Founder and consultant