magentoerpconnect-community team mailing list archive

automatically cancel Magento orders in OpenERP if not paid after a give period?

Hello Magentoerpconnect community,

Currently, when the 'check if paid' checkbox is paid on some Magento payment
method in OpenERP, OpenERP will pool Magento to validate orders, OpenERP
payments or even cancel orders if those are cancelled in Magento (this is
using the 'need_to_update' flag on sale orders).

Still, by the time, the list of sale orders flagged as 'need to update' in
OpenERP because they aren't either paid or cancelled in Magento will grow,
thus slowing down the 'update order status' action.

1) What do you think about attaching a new days_before_cancellation field to
OpenERP Magento payment methods entities so that for each payment methods,
we will automatically cancel any sale order older than a given number of
days if they are still in draft mode in OpenERP and flagged as
need_to_update?

2) If yes, what would be the default number of days value? 30 days?

NB: I just merged Douwe Wullink contrib in v6 branch to bring a nice Magento
icon in the web client.
I'm analyzing this other merge from Zikzakmedia:
https://code.launchpad.net/~zikzak/magentoerpconnect/openerp6-module/+merge/46157

Thank you for your comments.

--
Raphaël Valyi