Re: bzr commit into MariaDB 5.1, with Maria 1.5:maria branch (monty:2680)

Hi!

Sergei> Hi, Michael!
Sergei> On Mar 12, Michael Widenius wrote:
>> #At lp:maria based on revid:monty@xxxxxxxxxxxx-20090309141344-wriztb0fcn00syim
>>
>> 2680 Michael Widenius	2009-03-13
>> Added "pool-of-threads" handling (with libevent)
>> This is a backport of code from MySQL 6.0 with cleanups and extensions
>>
>> The following new options are supported
>> configure options:
>> --with-libevent ; Enable use of libevent, which is needed for pool of threads

Sergei> Are you aware of the current scalability problems with the pool of
Sergei> threads in 6.0 ? What are you going to do about it ?

No, haven't followed this discussion. Will look for it.

Either the people at Sun will come up with a solution or we have to
fix it ourselves.

Do you know where the bottleneck is?
Is it in libevent or scheduler.cc ?

Any ideas that you have of how to fix it?

A short term solution would be to add the getport code as an option to
scheduler.cc; That would fix the scalability problems at least on
Sun...

Regards,
Monty