Re: Rev 2747: Gcov support improvements in file:///home/psergey/dev/maria-5.1-table-elim-r11-gcov/

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 01:36:06PM +0200, Kristian Nielsen wrote:
> Sergey Petrunya <psergey@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > At file:///home/psergey/dev/maria-5.1-table-elim-r11-gcov/

> > revno: 2747
> > revision-id: psergey@xxxxxxxxxxxx-20090825150255-46i5gvl2ctd0jcm2
> > parent: psergey@xxxxxxxxxxxx-20090825145915-rxwmfczgqe69r5ju
> > committer: Sergey Petrunya <psergey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > branch nick: maria-5.1-table-elim-r11-gcov
> > timestamp: Tue 2009-08-25 18:02:55 +0300
> > message:
> >   Gcov support improvements
> >   - add process-gcov-annotations.pl script that processes .gcov files
> >     according to purecov annotations in source code
> >   - add --gcov-src-dir=subdir option to mysql-test-run so that one can
> >     do gcov processing only for source files in a certain directory.

(Addressed all the omitted review feedback)

> > +    # Besides purecov annotations, also remove uncovered code mark from cases
> > +    # like the following:
> > +    #
> > +    #     -:  211:*/
> > +    #     -:  212:class Field_value : public Value_dep
> > +    # #####:  213:{
> > +    #     -:  214:public:
> > +    #
> > +    # I have no idea why would gcov think there is uncovered code there
>
> Maybe generated default constructor, destructor, or the like that was not run?

IIRC it wasn't the constructor (as it was used at some point and the warning
was still there). It could be the destructor - objects were never delete'd. I'd
prefer the removal to be still there though as it doesn't seem that we're at a
point where we'll go and add default constructor, copy constructor, and
destructor declaration to every class.

For MySQL/Maria codebase, I don't remember a single case where there was an error
that would have been prevented by such safeguards.

BR
 Sergey
--
Sergey Petrunia, Software Developer