Re: Windows installer, part 2

@Vlad .. we have discussed that already - but the main reason is another:
With UAC ('user account control') ON on Vista and higher even an admin user
cannot write to 'program files' unless progeam is started with explicit
admin privilege. If server is isntalle to \program files and a user starts
the server from command line *as a user*(NOTE: an admin user does not
neccesarily have admin privileges with UAC on)  all writes will to to user's
\virtualstore folder - what means that database files will be duplicated:
one copy for 'system' and one for 'user.
.
Please try to understand the differences between WIndows 2000/XP/2003 on one
side and Vista/2008/win7 on the other. I am referring to UAC. If you never
used any Windows version higher than XP .. well then .. accept the
limitation of your experience.
.
There will need an option for user to specify bot 'basedir' and 'datadir'
independently.  default 'basedir' should be 'program files' - default
datadir should be 'AppData'.
.
This is the (mine) bug report where this discussion started in MySQL
context:
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=34593
.
Peter