Warnings in MariaDB

Hi!

I have been removing warnings (found by buildbot) from the MariaDB 5.1 tree.
(Will be pushed later today).

Here is some comments, suggestions of what we still to do to make the
buildbot part 'more clean:

------

We get a lot of warnings of the type:

ctype-ucs2.c:206: warning: ‘s_wc’ may be used uninitialized in this function

This are false warnings (The compiler is not smart enough to figure
this out).  The variables are also protected with the LINT_INIT() macro.

Suggestion (for Kristian):

- If you compile with -Wuninitialized, also use the -DFORCE_INIT_OF_VARS

When compiling for valgrind, we should not use
-Wuninitialized or -DFORCE_INIT_OF_VARS

-------

For Percona:

We get the following warnings from xtradb:

../../storage/xtradb/include/dict0dict.ic:729: warning: suggest a space before ‘;’ or explicit braces around empty body in ‘while’ statement
../../storage/xtradb/include/dict0dict.ic:788: warning: suggest a space before ‘;’ or explicit braces around empty body in ‘while’ statement
../../storage/xtradb/include/dict0dict.ic:729: warning: suggest a space before ‘;’ or explicit braces around empty body in ‘while’ statement
../../storage/xtradb/include/dict0dict.ic:788: warning: suggest a space before ‘;’ or explicit braces around empty body in ‘while’ statement
../../include/../storage/xtradb/include/dict0dict.ic:729: warning: suggest a space before ‘;’ or explicit braces around empty body in ‘while’ statement
../../include/../storage/xtradb/include/dict0dict.ic:788: warning: suggest a space before ‘;’ or explicit braces around empty body in ‘while’ statement

Can you fix these ?

----------

I don't know if the following warning comes from us or from the
include files:

/usr/include/bits/string3.h:82: warning: call to ‘__warn_memset_zero_len’ declared with attribute warning: memset used with constant zero length parameter; this could be due to transposed parameters

Need suggestions/help to solve this one.
Either we need to find the code in MariaDB that generates the warning
or disable warnings in buildbot from /usr/include

---------

Regards,
Monty

Follow ups