Re: Reviewing bug reports: feature needed

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 09:39:45PM +0100, Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz wrote:
> after reviewing some MariaDB related bugs on bugs.launchpad.net/maria
> it occurred to me, that there is no link between the bug state "Fix
> Committed"
> and the corresponding patch, which fixed the issue.
>
> Is there a way to link a bzr patch/push to a launchpad bug report?
> If not, where can I do a feature request about it?

IIRC launchpad can link *branches* (not pushes or changesets) to bugs somehow.
It seems the linking is done only manually, i.e. one needs to go for example to
https://code.launchpad.net/~maria-captains/maria/5.1-merge, click the "Link to
a bug report" and so forth.

Because of the above, they will probably not be very interested to support our
way, where commits are auto-associated with bugs based on mention of "BUG#nnnn"
in the commit comment.

I guess it should be possible to roll our own script that would be subscribed
to commits email and branch changes (easy part) and update the bug status
accordingly (hard part). The problem with the hard part is that we can do it
with
- Launchpad's API (it has some), if it allows to do that, or
- scripting the web actions on launchpad website. which will of course break every
  time launchpad changes the look of their website.

BR
 Sergey
--
Sergey Petrunia, Software Developer