Re: Rev 2777: Make pbxt.join_nested test pass in file:///home/psergey/dev/5.1-merge-look/

Hi Kristian,

I've at last figured out the join_nested issue. To sum up, it was a false
alarm, the fix is to adjust the test suite and I've pushed it to the
lp:~maria-captains/maria/5.1-merge tree.

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 07:48:33PM +0300, Sergey Petrunya wrote:
> At file:///home/psergey/dev/5.1-merge-look/

> revno: 2777
> revision-id: psergey@xxxxxxxxxxxx-20091227164827-038uergwe82hyd1m
> parent: knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-20091214083138-axta6hzovkyt65wg
> committer: Sergey Petrunya <psergey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> branch nick: 5.1-merge-look
> timestamp: Sun 2009-12-27 19:48:27 +0300
> message:
>   Make pbxt.join_nested test pass
>   - The reason the test failed was competition between 3+ QEPs with identical
>     costs. Before, two plans were competing, and that was addressed by using
>     --sorted_result on the EXPLAIN output because they were different only in
>     join order.
>     Now we've got a 3rd plan which differs with "Using where" and that doesn't
>     work anymore.
>   - This patch fixes it by removing 'Using where' from EXPLAIN output. Test coverage
>     is somewhat reduced but probably still ok as PBXT and nested outer join processing
>     have no interaction and we don't expect any bugs here.

BR
 Sergey
--
Sergey Petrunia, Software Developer