Re: Any documentation on FederatedX

Sergey,

Hi! I just finished a book which took up all my spare time and was going to begin documenting FederatedX this week. I'll have this fleshed out by week's end.

regards,

Patrick

Sergey Petrunya wrote:
Hi!

It has been some time since FederatedX has been pushed into MariaDB. However,
the documentation page here http://askmonty.org/wiki/index.php/Manual:FederatedX_storage_engine
still has nothing. I also wasn't able to find any information about FederatedX
anywhere else.

Maybe it's only me, but for me it seems that there was little point in pushing
this feature if we don't have even the basic documentation. How can we expect
somebody to use it?

Patrick, could you point us to information about:

- Whether FederatedX is compatible with Federated, in particular, whether the
information here http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/federated-storage-engine.html
  is applicable to FederateX

- What are the differences of FederatedX from Federated (from user's point of
  view).

Thanks in advance,
 Sergey