Re: Ideas for improving MariaDB/MySQL replication

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 2:47 AM, Alex Yurchenko
<alexey.yurchenko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Notice however possible many-to-1 relation between redundancy plugins and
> RS and therefore - global transaction ID. So I'd suggest that a unit other
> than redundancy plugin would maintain this mapping.

Alternatively, a redundancy plugin could do it, and in the case of
many plugins the api will designate which one is responsible for it
(and this could be configurable). But it is arguably a waste of effort
to require all redundancy services to implement the same
functionality, and could complicate debugging (each will have
different bugs).

So in practice you're probably right.

henrik

--