maria-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: Storage Engine Summit 2010
How are we planning to co-ordinate this with Drizzle Day? There are
also people from Drizzle who should attend the Engine Summit. And I
would actually like to attend both events.
Is there a kind of Summit/Drizzle track that I could follow?
Although I am interested in what's happening in general, I can narrow
the most important topics for me down to the following:
- Engine API
* The big question: where should it be going?
* Here we need to take a close look at what Drizzle has done
- Online backup and restore
* When can we expect this in both Drizzle and MariaDB?
* Will we use the MySQL API for this?
* We need a better way to start replication than mysqldump
* What's happening, what are the plans, etc.
- Engine specific extensions
* Whatever we do, can it be the same for Drizzle and MariaDB?
- BLOB handling
* REST interface to Drizzle/MariaDB
BTW: Will anybody from Oracle be attending any of these events? Maybe
in a non-official capacity.
On Mar 29, 2010, at 12:28 PM, Sergei Golubchik wrote:
We are happy to announce the *Storage Engine Summit* 2010.
This traditional one-day meeting of Storage Engine vendors/authors
place yearly right after the User Conference.
This year it will be held on Friday, April 16h.
Invited are all MySQL/MariaDB Storage Engine vendors and anyone
interested in the MySQL/MariaDB Storage Engine API. Please register in
advance, the space is limited.
We will talk about new developments in the area of the MySQL/MariaDB
Storage Engine API - what was implemented recently, what we are
on - and about new directions of the development, what needs to be
implemented to make the life of Storage Engine authors easier.
See http://askmonty.org/wiki/Storage_Engine_Summit_2010 for details.
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~maria-developers
Post to : maria-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~maria-developers
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp