Re: Storage Engine Summit 2010

Hi Sergei,

How are we planning to co-ordinate this with Drizzle Day? There are also people from Drizzle who should attend the Engine Summit. And I would actually like to attend both events.

Is there a kind of Summit/Drizzle track that I could follow?

Although I am interested in what's happening in general, I can narrow the most important topics for me down to the following:

- Engine API
  * The big question: where should it be going?
  * Here we need to take a close look at what Drizzle has done
- Online backup and restore
  * When can we expect this in both Drizzle and MariaDB?
  * Will we use the MySQL API for this?
  * We need a better way to start replication than mysqldump
- Replication
  * What's happening, what are the plans, etc.
- Engine specific extensions
  * Whatever we do, can it be the same for Drizzle and MariaDB?
- BLOB handling
  * REST interface to Drizzle/MariaDB

Best regards,

Paul

BTW: Will anybody from Oracle be attending any of these events? Maybe in a non-official capacity.