MariaDB 5.3: Time to merge from 5.2?

Hello 5.3 developers,

We all know that 5.3 tree have some buildbot failures that
- are unlikely to be result of any 5.3 work,
- cannot be observed in 5.2
- still are somehow present.

I got suspicious about one failure, and investigated it:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/maria/+bug/597742. Long story short, it was
present in 5.2 at some earlier point but has been fixed there since then.

I think, in order to avoid spent time in a way it was spent on analyzing the
above mentioned bug, we should do a 5.2->5.3 merge.  5.2 now produces an almost
green run in buildbot (the exception is plugin_load.test), and AFAIU the
release of 5.2.1 can be interpreted as indication that 5.2's code is not going
to change much anymore.

Any objections to doing the merge?

BR
 Sergey