question on MariaDB and end_bulk_insert

Hello,

First off, is this the right list to post questions about MariaDB's
source code? If it is not, I apologize, and can somebody please direct
me to the right alias? I could not find anything on MariaDB's website.

I have noticed the following behavior in MariaDB 5.1.47 with our
storage engine that is different than MySQL. I see many cases where
handler::start_bulk_insert before insertions, but
handler::end_bulk_insert is NOT called. In MySQL 5.1.46,
handler::end_bulk_insert is always called if there was a call to
handler::start_bulk_insert.

The commands run are:
MariaDB [test]> create table ttt(a int);
MariaDB [test]> insert into ttt values (1),(2),(3);
Query OK, 3 rows affected (0.01 sec)
Records: 3  Duplicates: 0  Warnings: 0

Is there a reason for this? Does some flag need to be exposed for this
function to be called?

Thanks
-Zardosht

Follow ups