Re: Repeated Error in accept: Bad file descriptor

Hi All,

Yes, PBXT uses a lot of file handles: generally 3 per table. It opens all tables before recovery. Unfortunately, I have not worked on optimizing this behavior.

Although the only reason for this is to resolve possible FK/PK relationships. So I think this should be considered a PBXT bug, and the problem should be fixed.

Anyway this will certainly be the problem in this case. As Kristian says, select() is severely limited in that it only works with the low numbered file handles.

To get the server up and running again you can just delete the tables manually (the table files: .frm, .xtd, .xtr, .xti), when MySQL is not running. PBXT will complain on startup, but should recover anyway.

Best regards,

Paul