Re: I am more than happy to test aria with largedatabases

Sure!
I will get the schema with the column names changed.
Most of the data will be in just 4 or 6 tables.
They will be read-only (for the most part).
With MyISAM, I would be using MyISAM merge and compress the data that isn't
changing anymore. For Aria, we can skip the Merge part obviously.

The big advantage with Aria, if is can have all the properties of MyISAM, is
the transactional capabilities with a mostly read-only database and also
compression. The transactional part is a huge political win for people who
*need* a database to be transactional, even if it isn't necessary.

Mark