Re: Volunteer my machine for buildbot and database with test results

Thanks Kristian.

> You need to install and setup the Buildbot client.
Done. I am running Fedora 13 32-bit, and noticed there is no
documentation for Buidbot slave install on KnowledgeBase. I can start
one, or add comment to existing one if that is helpful.

> Send me some details of the machine and operating systems, and I will supply
> you with login credentials for the client against the Buildbot server.

[haidong@asusfedora ~]$ uname -a
Linux asusfedora 2.6.34.7-61.fc13.i686 #1 SMP Tue Oct 19 04:42:47 UTC
2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[haidong@asusfedora ~]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor	: 0
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 6
model		: 23
model name	: Genuine Intel(R) CPU           U7300  @ 1.30GHz
stepping	: 10
cpu MHz		: 800.000
cache size	: 3072 KB
physical id	: 0
siblings	: 2
core id		: 0
cpu cores	: 2
apicid		: 0
initial apicid	: 0
fdiv_bug	: no
hlt_bug		: no
f00f_bug	: no
coma_bug	: no
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 13
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat
pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm
constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor
ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm sse4_1 xsave lahf_lm
tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority
bogomips	: 2677.88
clflush size	: 64
cache_alignment	: 64
address sizes	: 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

processor	: 1
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 6
model		: 23
model name	: Genuine Intel(R) CPU           U7300  @ 1.30GHz
stepping	: 10
cpu MHz		: 800.000
cache size	: 3072 KB
physical id	: 0
siblings	: 2
core id		: 1
cpu cores	: 2
apicid		: 1
initial apicid	: 1
fdiv_bug	: no
hlt_bug		: no
f00f_bug	: no
coma_bug	: no
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 13
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat
pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm
constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor
ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm sse4_1 xsave lahf_lm
tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority
bogomips	: 2677.94
clflush size	: 64
cache_alignment	: 64
address sizes	: 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

>> What if a reboot happens while it is being used?
>
> Then the active build will fail, with a message that the client disconnected
> in the middle of the build. It is not a disaster, but it is annoying if it
> happens frequently. (Our Buildbot does not yet have the ability to
> automatically retry builds that fail in this way).

Ok, for the next 3 weeks or so the availability of my machine can be
spotty, as I will be travelling to 3 cities in Asia.

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 5:25 AM, Kristian Nielsen
<knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Haidong Ji <haidong.ji@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Per information shown on URL below, with relevant paragraph pasted,
>> I'd love to volunteer to run a build slave and other tests.
>
> Thanks!
>
>> Let me know how to participate, such as:
>>
>> Will an old laptop work?
>
> Yes. Especially if it has good amounts of memory (1GByte is probably minimum).
>
>> If so, what do you need? What do I need to do on my side?
>
> You need to install and setup the Buildbot client. There is some documentation
> for how to do this here:
>
>    http://kb.askmonty.org/v/buildbot-setup
>
> The full Buildbot manual (with tons of detail) is here:
>
>    http://buildbot.net/buildbot/docs/0.7.12/index.html
>
> Send me some details of the machine and operating systems, and I will supply
> you with login credentials for the client against the Buildbot server.
>
>> Does it mean that I need to leave my machine on all the time?
>
> Yes.
>
>> What if a reboot happens while it is being used?
>
> Then the active build will fail, with a message that the client disconnected
> in the middle of the build. It is not a disaster, but it is annoying if it
> happens frequently. (Our Buildbot does not yet have the ability to
> automatically retry builds that fail in this way).
>
>  - Kristian.

Haidong "Alex" Ji