Re: pre-allocating binlog to speed up sync_binlog=1

It would be nice if pre-allocated binlog files were possible, but
performance results from ext-3 overstates the benefit to be had. If
you care about performance with the binlog enabled then don't use
ext-3:
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=194501560932