Re: pre-allocating binlog to speed up sync_binlog=1

Hi Mark, all

On 21/12/2010, at 12:51 PM, MARK CALLAGHAN wrote:
It would be nice if pre-allocated binlog files were possible, but
performance results from ext-3 overstates the benefit to be had. If
you care about performance with the binlog enabled then don't use
ext-3:
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=194501560932

Not surprising, however in many environments deployments get stuck with ext3, so I do think there's benefit for the real world.

Cheers,
Arjen.