Re: Logoff trigger for MariaDB

Hello Sergei,

I didn't thought so much about the implementation, but about the
interface, how it look from the user point of view.

You, yourself, used the word "logon and logoff triggers" - perhaps,
these *should* indeed be defined as triggers?
Sure, absolutely. I was not aware, that this is a request programme! ;-)

In this form, this is purely a syntax extension - different set of
keywords, providing exactly the same functionality as before. Old syntax
should continue to work, of course.
The origins come from Oracles Database triggers:

http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/ora/sql/create_trigger.html
http://psoug.org/reference/system_trigger.html
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/statements_7004.htm#SQLRF01405

There we have triggers for logon, logoff, startup and shutdown (which is
represented in MySQL as init-connect and init-file hook)

In Oracle they know: BEFORE, AFTER and INSTEAD OF triggers. And and as
database events are known: SERVERERROR, LOGON, LOGOFF, STARTUP, SHUTDOWN
and SUSPEND

So I prefer triggers if it is not too much work. I was just not capable
to implement this change.

P.S. I'd also like to see changes in functionality, coming after changes
in the syntax. E.g. an I_S table that shows all triggers. Or MySQL
remembering and preserving LOGON/LOGOFF triggers over restart. But I
don't mind moving forward one step at time.
Sure!

Best regards,
Oli

--

FromDual - Vendor independent and neutral MySQL consulting.

Oli Sennhauser
Rebenweg 6
CH - 8610 Uster / Switzerland

Phone    +41 44 940 24 82