Re: Windows installer MWL#55 finished.

From: Peter Laursen [mailto:peter_laursen@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Montag, 31. Januar 2011 18:45
To: Vladislav Vaintroub
Cc: Haidong Ji; maria-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Maria-developers] Windows installer MWL#55 finished.

@Vladislav ..

1) surprised it is only 22 MB.  This is not a full build I think (with all clients, tests etc - and I think you cannot redistribute docs for license reasons), but rather something similar to 'mysql_essentials' package from MySQL/Oracle? Can you clarify what is omitted as compared to .zip package?

In a “full” MariaDB package there would be debug symbols, debug binaries and embedded. There won’t be tests (there is a huge number of them, and they will expand the package size in ~120MB range, and additionally slow down installation quite a bit).

50MB per file is the limit on Live, so I dropped the least useful stuff for this demo (e.g build without embedded,  and skipped debug build. And removed DebugInfo from my local copy of win/packaging/CPackWixConfig.cmake)

2) I did not find an option to specify the installation path. Am I right?

On the feature selection screen (I think the title of the dialog is “Customize MariaDB5.2 installation”), there is a “Browse” button, that allows you to install the package to the place you want. You can select “Database Instance” feature and put it to yet another place.  This “Browse” button is not available during “Maintenance”, only on initial installation.

-- Peter