Pushing/merging sample my.cnf

All,

I've created my trunk on launchpad for MariaDB, and am ready to make
some updates to the sample my.cnf file(s) packaged with MariaDB. I
have a few questions regarding how to proceed:

1. I've seen work log creation and assignment in MariaDB developer
mailing list. Is work log creation necessary for changes like this,
where no C/C++ source code is touched? If yes, any guidelines will be
appreciated;
2. As this is more packaging related, what are the testing requirement?
3. What about peer review? I've blogged this and also just sent
another email for more input.
4. After I make the change on my machine, build it, and push the
changes back to Lauchpad, I will do a merge request.
5. Anything else? Comments/suggestions?

Thanks,
Haidong "Alex" Ji

Follow ups