Re: [Commits] Rev 2864: MWL#136: Cross-engine consistency for START TRANSACTION WITH CONSISTENT SNAPSHOT in http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~maria-captains/maria/5.1

Wlad,
If I may, I'd like to point out that both grep and tail are very easily,
and readily implemented in python as well, which is equally portable and
increasingly common to have installed on windows workstations (I use it on
servers professionally for admin type tasks, etc). Also it is packaged in
a very standard, easy to use (and to be located during build time) manner
that would be amazingly straightforward as a dependency. Furthermore you
can easily make a portable, directory with a path (just set the
PYTHON_PATH) type installation for all build environments which don't have
it or don't want it for anything outside of this use. If we are making use
of what is already in existence, why not try to make use of what may
already even be installed.

Jakob Lorberblatt