Re: MariaDB 5.2.6 release preparations

On Wed, 11 May 2011 14:36:40 +0200
Kristian Nielsen <knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Kristian> Hi Daniel,
Kristian>
Kristian> We are ready to release MariaDB 5.2.6!
Kristian>
Kristian> I tagged the release with the tag mariadb-5.2.6. The tree is
Kristian> lp:maria/5.2.
Kristian>
Kristian> This release introduces packages for Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty". I
Kristian> updated the scripts in lp:mariadb-tools, but you need to be
Kristian> aware if something on the download pages needs changing.
Kristian>
Kristian> Apart from this we merged XtraDB from Percona Server
Kristian> 5.1.56-12.7. Monty also merged latest MySQL 5.1 tree, but
Kristian> this does not correspond to any particular released version,
Kristian> so I afraid you have nothing but the bzr changelog to tell
Kristian> which bugfixes are included.
Kristian>
Kristian> The built packages should be in the usual place. The build
Kristian> number from Buildbot is 907.
Kristian>
Kristian> This release also introduces the new windows MSI/.zip
Kristian> packages that Wlad and Philip set up. Philip sent mail about
Kristian> how to obtain those (I think on a private mailing list), or
Kristian> you can ask one of them for help if needed. Unfortunately,
Kristian> despite Philip spending a lot of effort (and half his sanity
Kristian> I'm afraid) to get the windows hosts to run stably, there are
Kristian> still intermittent problems, so the 32-bit packages are not
Kristian> ready yet. However, I requested a rebuild from Buildbot, and
Kristian> they should hopefully appear eventually.
Kristian>
Kristian> I think that is it, let me know if there is anything else you
Kristian> need!

Thanks Kristian!

The files have been uploaded to the primary mirror and are in the
process of being replicated to the various MariaDB mirrors.

Please take a look at the Release Notes and Changelog pages and let me
know if anything is missing or needs to be changed.

https://kb.askmonty.org/v/mariadb-526-release-notes
https://kb.askmonty.org/v/mariadb-526-changelog

FYI: The "Download" link on the above two pages is not active yet. Once
all the mirrors have the files I will activate it.

Thanks.

--
Daniel Bartholomew
MariaDB - http://mariadb.org