Re: MariaDB 5.2.6 release preparations

On Thu, 12 May 2011 18:49:03 +0200
Kristian Nielsen <knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Kristian> Daniel Bartholomew <dbart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Daniel> Any suggestions for how to phrase it? I've removed "all of
Daniel> the" from the phrase "including all of the upstream changes
Daniel> from MySQL 5.1.57/58", and I've removed the links to the
Daniel> MySQL changelogs, but it's possible people might still
Daniel> assume that everything from 5.1.57/58 was merged.

Kristian> Yeah, it is not an easy job to write this up. I suggest just
Kristian> saying like it is, eg. like this:
Kristian>
Kristian> "MariaDB includes a merge from from MySQL 5.1 bazaar trunk.
Kristian> This merge does not correspond to a particular version of
Kristian> MySQL, but includes part of MySQL 5.1.57 and part of 5.1.58.
Kristian> The actual revision merged is
Kristian> revid:nirbhay.choubey@xxxxxxxxxx-20110427115410-vpeshiv6u5snkvzi"

Ok, thanks. I've updated the Release Notes with your revised wording.

Kristian> And hopefully the next merge will be made properly so we will
Kristian> not have stuff like this.

Yes.

Thanks.

--