Re: Buildbot failures: Microsecond-related changes break innodb_plugin but not xtradb

On 06/04/2011 02:19 AM, Sergey Petrunya wrote:
> Hi!
>
> All of the recent 5.3 builds in buildbot have two failures:
>
> innodb_plugin.innodb_bug54044 'innodb_plugin'
> innodb_plugin.innodb_information_schema 'innodb_plugin'
>
> The failure happens only with innodb_plugin. XtraDB is fine.
>
> I've investigated the first problem. Its cause is in
> storage/xtradb/handler/ha_innodb.cc:get_innobase_type_from_mysql_type():
>
> - On 2010-08-04, Kristian did a merge from XtraDB in Percona-Server-5.1.47-11
>   and among everything else pulled in the code that will produce error when
>   the function's argument is Field_null.  This seems to be the bugfix for
>   BUG#54044
>
> - On 2011-03-29, Sergei was making fix for lp:743017 in 5.1-micro, switched
>   the function from analyzing  field->type() to analyzing field->key_type()
>   and in the process removed the part of code that Kristian has added.
>   For some reason, he did that storage/innodb_plugin and storage/innobase
>   but not to storage/xtradb.
>
> - On May, 28th Monty has merged in Sergei's change into 5.3-main and we
>   started to get the failure.
>
> I see two problems here:
> P1: (the apparent one) Sergei's new code doesn't produce error when passed a
>     Field_null object.
>
> P2: (less apparent one) Why do we have Microsecond changes in innodb_plugin but
>     not in xtradb? Could there be more fixes missing in a similar way?
>
> Sergei, could you please take a look?
>
> BR
>  Sergey

Hi,

Lately on many occasion it happened to me to touch the innodb code (in
particular related to virtual columns). And I modified the code only
in storage/xtradb. All tests passed.

Should I apply those changes to storage/innobase and storage
innodb_pligin? How can I check that the changes do not break anything?

I would appreciate if anybody clarifies this issue.

Regards,
Igor.