MariaDB in EPEL

Hello,
I wish to package MariaDB for the EPEL repository.
I have searched a bit to see if there were any efforts in that direction but I
saw none.

In 2009 there was some talk about MariaDB and Fedora, but that was it, only
some talk.

I have the time to prepare and test the MariaDB RPMs and to continue support
them later.

My idea is to have MariaDB RPMs as replacements of the default mysql
installation. In order to do so, I first want the approval of the MariaDB
developers.

Best regards,
Marian Marinov