maria-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: Philip please test: Duplicate Elimination for outer joins + semijoins
I have tested your tree as much as I could and filed a few bugs. I can only
resume testing after those bugs are fixed. Preferably *all* of them, this
will also prevent the bugs from getting so stale that they are no longer
For a list of all the dimensions that are being tested and the complexity in
each direction, see:
I could not fully test the following 2 things:
- nested subqueries, blocked due to 802979
- views and derived tables, blocked due to crashes
this set of switches disables all semi-join subquery strategies except
DuplicateElimination, so you should have no problem with hitting the
If you also set "semijoin=off" then you get the execution path that we
will always produce correct results.
Yes, I am doing exactly that.
SELECT .... FROM complex_join
top_where AND (SELECT ... FROM complex_join WHERE ...)
Yes, this pattern is covered
- subqueries must be "mergeable semi-joins":
= no aggregates, unions, or ORDER BYs
- both correlated and ucorrelated subqueries are OK.
- complex_join is arbitrary join structure (comma join, "t1 JOIN t2",
kinds of outer joins - everything should work)
We do joins of up to 3 tables in the inner and the outer query. Both inner
and outer joins, both comma joins and joins with ON .
- multiple sibling subqueries, as well as nested subqueries are covered by
what you're testing.
As noted above, nested subqueries are blocked. Multiple subqueries per query
- Should have id=='1' && select_type='PRIMARY' on all lines.
- Should use Start Temporary/End temporary.
Yes I am able to hit this EXPLAIN reliably.