Re: [Commits] Rev 3067: Added progress reporting for alter table, LOAD DATA INFILE and for aria tables: check table, repair table, analyze table. in lp:maria/5.3

Michael Widenius <monty@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Sergei> please create a macro extension_set(), and rewrite
> Sergei> extension_set_string() to use extension_set(). Something like
>
> Sergei> #define extension_set(OPTS, X, VAL)                              \
> Sergei>     if (!(OPTS)->extension)                                      \
> Sergei>       (OPTS)->extension= (struct st_mysql_options_extention *)   \
> Sergei>         my_malloc(sizeof(struct st_mysql_options_extention),     \
> Sergei>                   MYF(MY_WME | MY_ZEROFILL));                    \
> Sergei>     (OPTS)->extension->X= VAL;
>
> Sergei> #define extension_set_string(OPTS, X, STR)                       \
> Sergei>     if ((OPTS)->extension)                                       \
> Sergei>       my_free((OPTS)->extension->X, MYF(MY_ALLOW_ZERO_PTR));     \
> Sergei>     extension_set(OPTS, X, my_strdup((STR), MYF(MY_WME)));
>
> Didn't think it was needed for only one case.  If there is a single
> more case than sure.

I will need this for MWL#192 I think (to remember the state when returning in
the middle of a non-blocking call waiting for more data on socket).