Re: MariaDB 5.2.9

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 17:25:10 -0400
Daniel Bartholomew <dbart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Daniel> All,
Daniel>
Daniel> Monty asked me to prep the MariaDB 5.2.9 release. He said to
Daniel> use the build of revision 3033 for the release:
Daniel>
Daniel> http://buildbot.askmonty.org/buildbot/grid?branch=5.2&category=package
Daniel>
Daniel> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~maria-captains/maria/5.2/revision/3033
Daniel>
Daniel> ...and I've uploaded the files from that build to the primary
Daniel> mirror. They should be mirrored worldwide by tomorrow.
Daniel>
Daniel> But before I can finish the release and announce it I need a
Daniel> couple of things:
Daniel>
Daniel> First, I need one of the developers to tag the release in the
Daniel> source tree:
Daniel>
Daniel> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~maria-captains/maria/5.2/changes
Daniel>
Daniel> Second, I need to know if there is anything that I should be
Daniel> sure to mention in the release notes. One thing I can think of
Daniel> which hasn't been mentioned in the past few release notes is
Daniel> which version of MySQL that this version of MariaDB has merged
Daniel> in. The current versions of other things, like PBXT and XtraDB
Daniel> would also be helpful.

The files are now mostly mirrored.

It's now after midnight, local time, and I won't be around the rest of
the week, so I've gone ahead and activated the Release Notes,
Changelog, and Download pages:

http://kb.askmonty.org/en/mariadb-529-release-notes
http://kb.askmonty.org/en/mariadb-529-changelog
http://downloads.askmonty.org/mariadb/5.2.9

The Release Notes page is just a skeleton. It should probably be
updated with some details. The Changelog and Download pages are
complete.

Colin: Can you coordinate with the developers on any changes to the
Release Notes and then send out an announcement email once that page is
ready? I'll check my email periodically and once I see your announcement
email I will update the rss feed (that is, unless you want to do it).

Thanks.

--
Daniel Bartholomew
MariaDB - http://mariadb.org