Re: [Commits] Rev 3020: MWL#192: Non-blocking client API for libmysqlclient. in http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~maria-captains/maria/5.2

Hi gang

What I'm curious about, is why we're rebuilding the wheel.

Alan Kasindorf (dormando) did a state-driven client library implementation a few years ago, it's BSD licensed and available. http://consoleninja.net/code/dpm/ is one place, Alan might have a newer one somewhere.

Then of course there's Eric Day's one that's now the Drizzle client (which can also do MySQL/MariaDB).

Anyway looking at Alan Kasindorf's code or even just using it as the baseline would be awesome - it's well architected and solves a lot of issues that the old client lib code suffers from - as well as allowing for non-blocking features without trickery.

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Exec.Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Remote expertise & maintenance for MySQL/MariaDB server environments.

Follow us at http://openquery.com/blog/ & http://twitter.com/openquery