← Back to team overview

maria-developers team mailing list archive

Re: [Commits] Rev 3170: After-merge fixes for 5.5 merge. in http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~maria-captains/maria/5.5


Hi, Kristian!

On Dec 09, Kristian Nielsen wrote:
> Hi Monty,
> While fixing test failures in the MariaDB 5.5 tree, I encountered problems in
> sql_string, related to changes you did there in 5.2. I managed to come up with
> some solution, but please see below patch and see if you can suggest something
> better.
> Two issues:
> 1. You added realloc_with_extra() / realloc_with_extra_if_needed(), and
> used them to replace calls to realloc(). But realloc() as part of its
> operation puts a terminating '\0' at the end of the allocation; with your
> change this is now at a different (and not very useful) position in the
> buffer. My change tries to put it in the original place, but it is not
> terribly elegant, and perhaps your original change needs to be rethought.

As discussed on irc, I've fixed that in 5.5-serg

> 2. I found a terrible mess (IMHO): We have two distict, subtly differing,
> sql_string.{h,cc}, one in /sql/ and one in /client/. We even seem to have a
> requirement for ABI compatibility between the two, since mysql_embedded uses
> client/sql_string.h with sql/sql_string.cc :-( And in fact your change seems
> to break such ABI compatibility, so I suspect mysql_embedded might be subtly
> broken in 5.2.

I had it fixed, but then another change broke it again.
Now I'm trying to get rid of client/sql_string.*