Re: Fixing 10.0 buildbot: OS-dependent error messages

He Sergey,

> Hi!
>
> As some have noticed, 10.0 tree is red for all non-Linux builds. The
errors
> look like this (on Windows)

<skip>

> The problem is that system-error-text depends on the OS one is running.
>
>   grep '%M' sql/share/errmsg-utf8.txt | grep 'eng '  | wc -l
>   27
>
> There are currently 27 errors that use %M modifier in the error message
> The testsuite's .result files have only 5 of the errors, but there are
lots
> of occurrences.  Buildbot can get at least 3 variants of error message
> (Windows, Mac, Linux).

But there are also Solaris and FreeBSD?

> Any ideas?

Maybe  we can have more portable my_strerror(), with predefined English
texts for common values of errno, like here
http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009604599/basedefs/errno.h.html ?
Using error text as defined by OS can bring yet another problems, e.g in
localized environment (LC_MESSAGE, localized Windows, who knows what else)