Re: [Commits] Rev 3657: MDEV-4127 : Export additional symbols when building RPM

Hi Sergei,
It is  possible.

However,  unless it   is done conditionally (e.g #ifdef
BUILD_MARIADB_AS_RPM), it is likely to break something (e.g odbc) on other
(Debian-style) Linuxes.
So I see 2 variants

1. Introduce BUILD_MARIADB_AS_RPM preprocessor constant, set to 1 if build
with RPM.  If BUILD_MARIADB_AS_RPM  is set, do rename functions via #define
, Redhat-style .
2. Export both original and renamed symbols, as in my patch.

Both are ok to me.  Which one would be better, what do you think?