Re: mariadb-server not installable on Debian Testing AMD64

Kristian Nielsen <knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The second question is why you did not get any error log output with messages
> about this problem. I suppose this might be because you had no syslog
> installed. Elena gave you suggestions for how to resolve/investigate this
> further. But let me know if you have more problems with this.

Ah, I see in your other mail you already got the log output working.
"error: 99: Cannot assign requested address" - again, this indicates
EADDRNOTAVAIL, suggesting that 127.0.0.1 is missing on the system.

So check the network config, and perhaps use different bind address in my.cnf
or skip-networking.